Final Rally Updates
Updated: Jun 10, 2019
We're days away from RALLY DAY in Birmingham! Here are a few quick reminders.
1. Wear RED! We want to stand out as a unified group.
2. Bring a sign. You can download artwork here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k0kxuzdz81edea7/AACJLhwQryRI6QeNZRJzCc3Aa?dl=0
We will have some signs available at the rally if you cannot bring one. Feel free to make your own if you prefer!
3. Would you check out our needs on the Sign Up Genius page? Is there anything you could help with? Click here to see what's needed and sign up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0e48aea729a2f49-forsuch
4. Remember the time change. Rally will officially start at 6:15 CST with speakers starting at 6:30 CST. Organizers will be there at 5:30 to meet with press and make sure we're set up. Feel FREE to come out early to hold signs and stand with us on the sidewalk.
5. At approximately 7:15, we will all go directly from the rally to the After Party for rally attendees, survivors and advocates. This will be located about a 10 minute drive from the rally location at Seeds Coffee Co. 174 Oxmoor Rd, Birmingham, AL 35209. We will have some light snacks and refreshments there. You will hear from Dee Parsons, Mary DeMuth and Kyle Howard. We will also have a brief time of honoring Christa Brown for all of her groundbreaking work in addressing abuse within the Southern Baptist Convention.
6. Where exactly will we meet? The "free speech zone" designated for us by the Birmingham-Jefferson Convention Center is near the main entrance to the convention center directly across the street from the Sheraton. If you are looking at the convention center by the metal statue, the rally site is to your left on the sidewalks.
*We'll be hosting some Facebook video guests on the rally Facebook page starting at 5:30 CST. Please help spread the word.
Other helpful hints:
1. Wear some sunscreen.
2. Eat something before you come to the rally. We'll have bottled water there, and light snacks at the after party, but you will want to have eaten dinner.
3. Bring an umbrella just in case it rains. Right now, the forecast looks clear.
4. Be flexible! We'll be on sidewalks, and it could be tricky.
BRING A FRIEND! We need lots of people standing with us!
EXACT RALLY LOCATION & PARKING INFO
GOOGLE MAPS PIN LINK: https://www.google.com/maps/place/33%C2%B031'28.8%22N+86%C2%B048'38.8%22Wfirstname.lastname@example.org,-86.812955,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d33.5246678!4d-86.8107663?hl=en-US
Have any other questions? Please email us at email@example.com or send a message to the rally Facebook page.
Thanks again for participating in the rally!